" I’m Indahwati Iwan and 71 years old. I come from Surabaya, Indonesia. Since 2011, I’ve been diagnosed as breast cancer for 6 years. At the beginning, I was also terrified but now I was titled as “Anticancer Star” “Anticancer Ambassador” after going through so much difficulties. My anticancer experience enlightens me that when facing cancer, the key factor is to keep optimistic mind and choose effective treatment.”
Indahwati Iwan and Iwan Nata Widjaya
" On November 4th, 2011, I was at the Canton Fair and I suffered diarrhea and took examination. Out of my expectation, I was detected a lump measuring 1.5cm in my right breast, which indicated right breast cancer and finally I was diagnosed as infiltrative right breast duct carcinoma stage 2. On hearing the bad news I was upset but after thorough consideration, I adopted the treatment plan the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) tailored for my condition.”
During the recheck in 2014
" On November 9th, 2011, I had right radical mastectomy and after that I underwent 4 sessions of interventional therapy to enhance the treatment effect. My attending doctor told me that compared with traditional surgery, interventional therapy avoids risk of general anesthesia, it requires only local anesthesia instead. Additionally, with high dose of anti-cancer drugs inside the tumor and less adverse side effect, it overweighs the disadvantages and limitation of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, so that it will improve my survival rates and long-term efficacy.”
In 2014,Iwan Nata Widjaya and Indahwati Iwan’ s 50th wedding anniversary
" It turned out that doctors’ suggestion was right. I finished my treatment in 3 months. Thanks to the effective treatment in St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou, before my discharge, the results on my discharge summary read “No abnormal hyper-metabolism lesions detected in tumor sites and other areas” which meant my cancer was effectively controlled. I was told to come back every three months and later once a year when my condition become stable. After my discharge, my husband and I went to Inner Mongolia and Sinkiang, we travelled around all the places I want to visit. To my relief, no one ever discovered that I was once a cancer patient.”
In 2016, the couple at the event of Pink Ribbon Campaign in Surabaya with Prof. Peng
" I will regularly return to St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou for review, and every time I will undergo natural therapy for consolidation therapy which is meant to improve my immunity and kill the tumor or stimulate the body anti-tumor immune response to improve efficacy. In August 2017, my husband and I went back to the hospital for return review. So far, my tumor has never relapsed and I felt good in spirit as well. I felt at home when I came back here. Thanks to the help of to St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou, so I could successfully get rid of breast cancer. I wish St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou a prosperous and better future.”
During the recheck in Aug. 2017, Indahwati Iwan with nurse
It’s been 6 years and Indahwati Iwan suffered no recurrence
Cancer isn’t death. When cancer comes, you do not have to be sad. If you can’t change it, just embrace it and fight against cancer as brave as Indahwati Iwan. You will gain a good result after pulling through all the difficulties.
From 2011 to 2017, Indahwati Iwan’s experience has encouraged a number of cancer patients from Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries and brought new hope for other breast cancer patients.
1. In August 2013, Indahwati Iwan was titled with monthly “Anti-cancer Warrior” by St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou.
2. July 31, 2014 was the day of Iwan Nata Widjaya and Indahwati Iwan’ s 50th anniversary of their marriage, medical staff in St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou specially planned a traditional wedding ceremony for them, which attracted broad media attention and reports.
3. In April 2015, on the first ASEAN Academic Forum on Minimally Invasive Therapy for Tumor Treatment, Indahwati Iwan showed up as an anticancer warrior to share anticancer experience and inspire hope and confidence in cancer patients!
4. In October 2015, Indahwati Iwan became an Anticancer Warrior of St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou in Indonesia. She was awarded with the offer by President Mr. Wang Huaizhong.
5. In October 2015, in the celebration of 10th anniversary of foundation of St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou, Indahwati Iwan was honored as the “Annual Anticancer Warrior”.